datapitstop » Shelby County Government, Indiana » Public Defender Office »FAQDirectory
Jeri Elliott/Julie Peck
19 West Hendricks Street
Shelbyville, IN 46176
317-421-8030 telephone
317-421-8031 FAX
Monday through Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm; closed 12:00 to 1:00 p.m. for Lunch
What do I do if I want to pursue an appeal of a plea agreement, file for a sentence modification or file a post conviction relief petition?
Any defendant who wants to appeal his/her plea agreement or who wants to file for post conviction relief may not be represented by the Public Defender Agency. They will only pursue the matter if you are still incarcerated. They should contact the Office of the State Public Defender in Indianapolis who can be reached at 317-232-2475. Our office does not handle sentence modifications or post conviction relief petitions.

Back Home